Friday, March 25, 2011

Free Lunch Fridays

Hello again!

I love Fridays.  I do, but one a month my job has a corporate lunch meeting. They provide the lunch, free, and then we get talked to about what is going on.  Varies from things like RFPs in progress, changes in employees, and overall status of the company.  Great info, but makes it hard to stick to my portion sizes.  I can't bring my scale and start weighing my food.  Also, my food track app has a lot of the national food companies like pizza hut and such, but a lot of the local small restaurants aren't in there, so estimating my calories becomes a challenge. On top of that, there is usually cake, ice cream and/or cupcakes for dessert.  I have a major sweet tooth, so avoiding these is hard.

I did good on my order, when with a roast beef sandwich, no mayo, but when the sandwich arrived it was HUGE and I only ordered 1/2 sandwich.  What do I do in situations like that, I eat until I am just not hungry.  I make sure I try and eat slow and pay attention to when I'm not hungry.

I have also been successful (to this point) at avoiding the birthday cake.  May have something to do with my Woodland Fusion Chocolate Carmel Peanut shake I had for breakfast.  Thing tastes like you are drinking a Snickers bar.  It's great and a great way to get my chocolate fix.

Tonight is a dinner out with friends, another challenge and the weekend.  I always have problems sticking to portions and eating right during the weekends.  The weekdays are much better for me.  It helps when I don't have any of the good junk food in the house.  Unfortunatley right now there are Potato Chips and Top the Tater left over from my splurge day yesterday....hmm....unless my husband decides to snack on them while waiting for me to come home...I can only hope.  :)

Not sure I will post over the weekend, so if I don't stay tuned for my next weigh in on Monday.  Hopefully it will be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment