Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My First Blog

I am a 32 year old woman who has one child and is married.  I weigh more now that I ever did in my life, even when I was pregnant.  I never considered my self fat, overweight and out of shape, yes but never fat.  I was folding my laundry one day in January and looked at my underwear and thought "Is my butt really this big?"  I knew it was time for a change.


My WII Fit game tells me that my ideal weight is 142.  That is my long term (1 year goal). My 1st short term goal is to be at 180 (20 lbs) by Summer Dress Code at work (Memorial Day).


My friend Jami has had a lot of luck with losing weight after her pregnancies and asked for her help.  We spent an evening discussing what she did each time and tailored that to me.  My goal....2lbs a week.  At the end of January I was 210 lbs.  my 1st weigh in (I do two a week) was the following Monday, I was down 3 lbs...in 3 days!  I was off to a great start, but then I faltered.  I yo-yo'd for a while and have started this blog in a renewed spirit of weight loss.  Maybe having strangers read my progress will help me stay on track?? 


Here is the plan as discussed with Jami:
Exercise 30min straight 3 times a week (anything else is extra)
Watch portion size
Drink lots of water
NO Fast Food (Subway is ok, depending on the sandwich)
Drinking is OK (because I rarely drink so one won't put me to far back)
Should be eating about 1500 calories a day to lose weight
Weigh in on Monday and Thursday Mornings


Based on the schedule from when I started in January, I should be at 196 this Thursday.  Doubt that is going to happen as Monday I weighed in at 200.7lbs.


Weigh in is tomorrow at 7am.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment